Winter is here and that means, it’s the season for several health-related issues. Congestion, sore throat and dry cough are just a few complaints amongst the many common seasonal diseases these days. Around this time of the year, our bodies are more susceptible to infection, which is why it gets yet more important to take all the necessary precautions. Change in diet also plays an important role in preventing seasonal diseases. Nutritionists and health experts suggest including warm foods in our diet for nourishment and stronger immunity. Herb and spices also play an important role in keeping up a healthy body during the winters. Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger etc are loaded with several essential nutrients that help benefit our overall health. They have been a part of our traditional medical practice since eons and are included in diet in form of kadha, churan, herbal tea et al.
(Also Read: Adding Cinnamon, Turmeric To Green Tea May Help Boost Immunity, Weight Loss And Overall Health)
Here we bring you a healthy cinnamon-ginger milk recipe that can help soothe scratchy and sore throat during the winters. All the three ingredients in this drink are loaded with several healthy nutrients that could work wonders during the winters.
Health Benefits Of Cinnamon-Ginger Milk:
1. Ginger is a storehouse of bioactive compounds – gingerols and shogaols – that have beneficial effects on our body.
2. It also includes antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help provide protective and healing benefits against diseases.
3. Cinnamon is also a storehouse of anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties that help benefit our overall health.
4. Adding these healthy ingredients in warm milk enhances the goodness of the spices.
5. Moreover, warm milk helps relax our body and mind, which is known to help heal from within.
How To Make Cinnamon-Ginger Milk:
All you need to do here is boil milk with some grated ginger and a pinch of cinnamon, strain and drink warm. You can also enjoy it with some haldi and freshly pound black pepper powder to it.
Here we have a turmeric masala milk recipe that includes all the above ingredients in it (without the ginger). All you need to do is, add half teaspoon grated ginger to it. Click here for recipe.
Try this super healthy drink and enjoy a nourished winter. But always remember, moderation is the key.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.