Let’s admit it, every woman out there dreads the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, which are probably the more prominent signs of ageing, but we tend to ignore sagging and loose skin. An anti-ageing skincare routine should aim towards giving you supple, soft, healthy and youthful skin along with skin tightening. Most women turn towards expensive salon treatments and facials to firm up their skin while some others try advanced anti-ageing options such as botox and injections for skin tightening. However, we cannot stress the importance that a good diet with adequate supply of nutrients including vitamins that are absolutely necessary for beautiful skin and also to prevent premature ageing, loose skin, and wrinkles. In this post, we will try to find out what vitamins are good for skin tightening:
What Causes Loose and Saggy Skin:
As we age, the production of collagen decreases in the skin and it loses elasticity as a result. When there is lack of collagen, facial muscles tend to become weak, causing the skin to sag. Constant exposure to harmful sun rays can also damage the collagen and elastin fiber in the skin and as a result, the skin starts to become loose and saggy. Summing up, the factors that accelerate the ageing process – not wearing a sunscreen while going out, lifestyle changes, bad diet, smoking, and lack of nutrients, etc. Even though the non-invasive treatments and surgeries are quite effective in skin tightening, people prefer skin tightening creams. Adding a skin tightening cream in your skincare routine along with a healthy diet and proper UV protection can plump up the skin and make it youthful again.
What are the Signs of Ageing:
- Dry patches on skin
- Fine lines
- Age spots
- Loose skin
- Saggy skin.
Vitamins That are Good For Skin Tightening:
1. Vitamin A – Vitamin A is available in various forms – retinol, retinoid, retin A. Retinoids are derived from vitamin A and they are topical vitamin A form. Retinoid is widely used in anti-ageing creams because it increases blood flow to the skin’s surface, boosts collagen production, prevents and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, and increases cell turnover. Retin-A or tretinoin, a form of retinoid, was first used as an anti-acne treatment, but researchers have also observed that it acts on various other signs of ageing such as saggy skin and pigmentation. Various studies have established the fact that retinol is effective against wrinkles and tightens up sagging skin by improving skin’s elasticity. Sources of vitamin A: Fish oil, spinach, carrot, broccoli, eggs, cheese, papaya, avocado, mangoes, melon.
2. Vitamin B9: Also, called folic acid, supports collagen production, ups hydration, improve moisture retention, and relieves dryness of skin. Sources of vitamin B: Beans and legumes, citrus fruits, leafy green vegetables.
3. Vitamin C – There’s a lot of buzz around vitamin C for its skin lightening and brightening properties. It’s considered the best vitamin for skin because it promotes collagen production that would firm and tighten skin, reduces under eye circles, improves the texture of skin and also lightens and brightens skin. Rati Beauty diet programs uses a lot of vitamin C rich food in diet programs so that you do not lose the shin and brightness of your skin even while dieting. Sources of vitamin C: Citrus fruits like oranges, lemon, grapefruit, capsicum, pineapple, papaya, cantaloupe melon, etc.
4. Vitamin D – Vitamin D gets made in the body when our skin is exposed to sunlight. Along with providing immunity, vitamin D is also necessary to keep signs of ageing away, age spots and hyperpigmentation. Sources of vitamin D: Cod liver oil, mushrooms, egg yolk, ricotta cheese.
5. Vitamin E – This vitamin has antioxidants which have amazing effects on both skin and hair. Vitamin E oil and capsules are hugely popular all over the world to tighten up skin. Vitamin E protect the skin from anti-ageing effects caused by sun by absorbing harmful UV light from the sun when applied topically. Sources of vitamin E: Spinach, almonds, sunflower oil, avocado, peanuts, broccoli, olive oil, etc.
6. Vitamin K – This vitamin does not get enough credit for its skin benefits. Not only does it speed up healing of wounds, it can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars, and dark spots. It also improves skin elasticity, reduces the appearance of dark circles and stretch marks. Vitamin K is essential for overall good health of skin. Additionally, it also boosts immune system. Sources of vitamin K: Kiwi, cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, okra or ladies finger, kale, broccoli, etc.
Though hyaluronic acid is not a vitamin, it is an important component that helps keep the skin supple because it retains moisture and creates a cushion-like effect to plump up the appearance of ageing skin. So, along with vitamins, do not forget to include antioxidants, hyaluronic acid in your skincare routine.
Hyaluronic Acid For Soft and Supple Skin
How To Take Vitamin C & Vitamin E For Your Skin
9 Skin and Hair Benefits of Vitamin C Serum
Credit: Source link