COLOMBO (News 1st); A family was left in shock following the demise of a mother in Wilgamuwa, who unfortunately succumbed following a gas-related accident, which relatives claim was the result of negligence by authorities.
52-year-old Ashoka Priyangani, a resident of Vilgamunwa was a mother of 04.
She would be still alive, had responsible authorities taken action against the Gas issue.
Priyangani lived in a rented house in Naththaranpotta in Kundasale for the convenience of her children’s education.
It was at this house, that the tragic gas-related accident took place.
For more than a week she fought for her life at the National Hospital in Kandy, and she lost the battle, unfortunately.