Our skin is the most exposed organ of our body that gets a constant beating from various environmental factors including harsh sun rays, pollutants, stress, dry air and add to it the various chemicals in makeup and skincare products that we expose it to – it’s an everyday challenge to keep your skin supple and clear. If you don’t take steps to protect your skin against these elements, chances are high that you would age prematurely. It really is important to have a dedicated skincare routine for your skin type. Improving the texture of your skin makes you feel confident about yourself and that would also means prolonging the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, loose skin, melasma, from showing up on your face. Here are some tips that you can help you to improve the skin texture naturally.
1. Wash your face with a mild cleanser according to your skin type. Do not use harsh chemical cleansers as they will strip the moisture out from your skin and when there’s no moisture in your skin, it will appear moisture from your skin and make it look rough and aged. In fact, you do not need a strong cleanser at all in the morning – your skin would just have some natural oils and a besan cleanser like this can cleanse gently without drying out skin.
2. Dry skin also leads to cracked and itchy skin, which looks inflamed and red, so in order to avoid dryness, moisturize your skin every day, even if you have oily skin. Choose a water-based moisturizer instead. It will keep your skin hydrated and promote healthy, smooth skin texture.
3. In order to keep your skin smooth and bright, exfoliate it regularly. Exfoliation is a natural process associated with the constant regeneration of skin cells. Although exfoliation is imperative in maintaining healthy skin, it is important to avoid over-exfoliation, which can lead to skin irritation, increased sensitivity and damage to the protective skin barrier. Use a mild cleanser or use these homemade scrubs which would do a great job.
4. Do not forget to wear sunscreen in every season when you step outside, in fact, even when you are indoors. Sunscreen should be applied at least 15 minutes before you step out of the house to let it work properly.
5. Drink an adequate amount of water throughout the day to keep your skin soft and hydrated from within. Like sunscreen, drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday is a must to keep skin soft and supple.
6. Include Omega-3 fatty acid rich food items to help improve the texture of the skin by nourishing healthy cell membranes. Green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, also lend a hand in improving the texture of your skin. Here’s a list of omega-3 fatty acids that you can consume on a daily basis.
7. Mash a banana with milk and apply on face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it with cold water to get a smooth and glowing skin.
8. Mix a tablespoon of curd, lemon juice and honey and apply it on the face for 10-15 minutes. It will help to lightens your skin complexion and will give you a smooth and glowing skin.
9. Apply a mixture of one teaspoon of olive oil and equal amount of organic apple cider vinegar overnight on wet face. It keeps the skin smooth, reduces age spots and helps avoid wrinkles.
10. Take 1 tablespoon each of carrot juice, tomato juice and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply on the face to get a smooth glowing complexion. This remedy works equally well both for oily and dry skin.
11. Reduce the intake of refined sugar – Cutting down sugar will have an amazing reaction on your skin because insulin spikes caused by white refined sugar in the body causes inflammation of skin which leads to premature ageing, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. If you want to look 10 years younger, then the first thing you should do is eliminate sugar from your system. Sugar in the bloodstream leads to a process called “glycation,” in which sugar molecules damage the collagen and elastin (responsible for suppleness and firmness) in our skin. Cutting down glucose will eliminate insulin spikes which will eventually lower down inflammation of the skin and you can get your youthful glow back within two weeks. So, when you cut back on sugar, you can say bye bye to acne and wrinkles for as long as you want.
12. Eat Clean and Healthy: What you eat will eventually show up on your body and your skin! To improve the texture of your skin as well as lose some weight in the process, switch to healthy eating and shun food processed, junk, and refined food. That’s why Rati Beauty diets encourage clean eating where the recipes not only allow you to lose weight, the effect would show on your skin too.
13. Exercise at least for 40 minutes a day to improve blood circulation to your face and also to sweat out toxins through the skin. Regular exercising also helps to reduce inflammation in the body which is the primary cause of premature ageing and wrinkles.
14. Use a glycolic acid-based product in your skin care routine. Glycolic-acid based products can be used to treat any skin discoloration, uneven skin tone and dullness, blemish and acne scars.
15. Large facial pores tend to add textural irregularity to the skin. Facial pores are a problem during summers when there’s overproduction of sebum and pollutants and dirt and bacteria get trapped in these pores and give rise to pimples and acne. To reduce facial pores, whip an egg yolk and apply on the skin with a few drops of lemon juice – it improves the tone of the skin and reduces the pore size.
Effective Ways To Reduce Large Facial Pores in Summers
10 Secrets for Beautiful Smooth Skin
How to Make Rough Face Skin Soft and Smooth
How To Smooth Rough Elbows and Knees