France’s Val Thorens has been crowned the world’s best ski resort 2020 for the sixth year in a row at the World Ski Awards.
At an altitude of 2,300 meters, Val Thorens is Europe’s highest ski resort and offers a vast network of “snow-sure” slopes.
Last year, the resort launched an Ultra-Light Motorized glider-cum-aircraft that surfs the skies in 20-minute sessions.
A new zipline also opened for thrill seekers, whisking riders 65 meters above the ski slopes, along 1,600 meters at speeds of up to 75km/h.
Winners of the World Ski Awards are determined by votes cast by industry professionals and the public.
Here are some of the winners:
- World’s Best Freestyle Resort 2019: LAAX (Switzerland)
- World’s Best Ski Hotel 2019: W Verbier (Switzerland)
- World’s Best New Ski Hotel 2019: Le Massif (Italy)
- World’s Best Green Ski Hotel 2019: Valsana Hotel & Appartements (Switzerland)
- World’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel 2019: Ki Niseko (Japan)
- World’s Best Ski Chalet 2019: Chalet Les Anges, Zermatt (Switzerland)
- World’s Best New Ski Chalet 2019: Le Chalet Mont Blanc (France)
- World’s Best Ski Resort Company 2019: Bergbahn AG Kitzbühel (Austria)
- World’s Best Indoor Ski Resort 2019: Ski Dubai (UAE)
Credit: Source link