Whenever the topic of losing a significant amount of weight arises, people are often asked about their BMI. Body mass index is considered as a tool to calculate body fat and used to determine whether one is underweight, within normal weight or overweight. To lose weight and bring it into normal range, you will have to first calculate your BMI. Once you know what range you are in, you can set a long-term fixed plan to get to the optimum range. BMI is also useful to find out risk factors concerning obesity-related diseases. If you are not sure about how BMI is calculated, here’s how you can do it. The ratio of your height and weight is BMI! The range of your BMI can determine whether you’re healthy or obese. If your BMI is in the range of 18.5 to 24.5, you are at a normal weight (considered a healthy range). If the BMI is ranging from 25.0 to 29.9, then you are overweight and this weight can be controlled. Lastly, if you are in the range of 30.0 or more, then you are obese and need to start working on your health asap. A higher BMI is not just unhealthy, it also puts you at a high risk of developing many diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart problems, arthritis, and many more such lifestyle-related disorders. The good news here is that we have put together some effective tips to help you lower your BMI range quickly and reach a healthy weight. Read on:
BMI less than 18.5 – Underweight
BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 – Normal Weight
BMI of 25 to 29.9 – Overweight
BMI of 30 or greater – Obesity
Steps to take to ensure your BMI is in optimum level:
1. Choose the Right Weight Loss Diet To Get Into Calorie Deficit: It is essential to get into calorie deficit to burn stored fat and Rati Beauty Diet gets you into calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition or health. A calorie deficit occurs when a person consumes fewer calories than those burnt while exercising, resting, or performing basic bodily functions, and following a proper diet is essential to slash down calories. Check out the Rati Beauty diet for more details.
2. Cutting out Processed and Ultra-Processed Foods and Beverages: Fizzy drinks, cupcakes, pastries, biscuits, cookies, fast food, alcohol, etc., have high number of empty calories that lead to rapid weight gain. Packaged fruit juices, potato chips, cakes, chocolates, are some other examples of processed food with preservatives, thickeners, emusilfiers, added color, flavour, etc. If any food packaging has more than five ingredients, do not pick it up. Also, avoid products with added sugar, salt, emulsifiers, and also transfat. Also, checking the ingredients list is a good way to avoid added sugar that’s presented under different names – fructose, high fructose syrup, sugar syrup, evaporated cane juice, agave nectar, etc., with high number of calories. It’s imperative that you cut down processed and ultra-processed foods for losing weight without too much effort.
3. Exercising regularly and consistently is a must! Hit the gym, go for a run, or else opt for a 40-minute walk every day. Do not skip a day of exercise unless you’re extremely unwell.
4. Give up Sugar Completely: The biggest benefit of cutting down refined sugar is weight loss! If one consumes more sugar, the body will convert the glucose from sugar source to fat and store it for later use. By cutting down sugar, you will not be providing the body fuel for fat storage (glucose) and with strict exercise and diet routine, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight quickly. Try giving up sugar for 15 days, and see the amazing changes for yourself.
5. Replace Refined Food with Whole Grains: Switch to whole grains and cut out refined food source because they spike insulin levels (insulin not only regulates blood sugar, it also a fat-storage hormone which tells fat cells to store fat!). Consistent and regular use of refined food causes insulin spikes and the empty calories from such foods will lead to more and more fat buildup. Pick whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, quinoa buckwheat, millets instead.
6. Say No To Refined Flour: White sugar and white flour have loads empty calories that raise blood sugar and insulin levels rapidly, and as we all know, insulin is also a hormone that encourages the body to store fat. By cutting down use of white flour, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight fast. Stubborn fat like belly fat will melt away only if empty calories from food sources such as white flour are eliminated from the diet.
7. Switch to a Healthy Cooking Oil: Avoid refined oil, seed oils and vegetable oils – they not only have high calorie count, these oils also raise inflammation which is another factor behind weight gain. For someone who is trying to lose weight, switching to a healthy cooking oil such as olive oil, in its cold-pressed version, with its high monosaturated fat content is good for heart health too. Olive oil is rich antioxidants in olive oil, improves insulin sensitivity, and supplies healthy fats to the body. The same way, coconut oil is also a healthy oil that promotes fat loss. Also, slash down the amount of oil you use for cooking, which means no more deep-fried stuff.
8. Meal prep for the entire week: Dedicate one hour during the weekend to plan out your meals for the entire week, Monday through Sunday. Take the help of Rati Beauty diet programs to zero in on healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options so that instead of piling up calories, you would be able to shed some weight. Spend a few hours chopping up vegetables and storing them up in the fridge for use through the week. Also, keep a food journal and jot down every thing that you consume through the day and weed out anything that counts as junk.
Summing up, be patient and be kind to your body while losing weight. Work on your body for 6 months before giving up. Reaching goal weight is not difficult if you follow a healthy diet and remain active. Keep a track of your weight every month to calculate the changes in your BMI. Last but not the least, do an activity every day. If you are not a gym person, you can take up Zumba, dance, aerobics, Pilates, yoga, or play badminton. Anything that keeps your body active, works your muscles thoroughly, and keeps you moving is great for your whole system. Also, once you come to normal range, do not stop all the activities and healthy diet that got you there, as chances are high that you may bounce back to your previous weight.
We promise you that in about a month, you will enjoy the changes in your body. All you have to do is stay dedicated and focused to achieve results. Once your BMI is in the normal range, work towards keeping it steady and adapt good eating habits as well as exercising daily.
What Would Happen if you Stop Eating Sugar For 15 Days?
10 Amazing Ways to Start Eating Healthy