Nowadays, vitamin E is used in every other skincare product – from sunscreens to anti-aging serums to moisturizers – everything and anything claims to have the amazing properties of vitamin E. And that’s because vitamin E works like magic for your skin. It is a nourishing ingredient as well as a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals, thus preventing cellular damage that can accelerate the ageing process. Vitamin E also helps to fade out scars quickly, be it acne scars, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or age spots. With such amazing benefits, vitamin E can make your skin clear, healthy, and smooth and keep it youthful. Vitamin E exists in eight chemical forms (alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta- tocopherol and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta –tocotrienol). Tocopherol is the only form that we are supposed to use. Vitamin e oil can be found at any chemist shop in the form of capsules. We can puncture these vitamin e capsules to release the oil for topical application. While purchasing vitamin e capsules look for ‘tocopherol’ on the label. To get the most out of vitamin e oil for your skin and hair, apply it at night before bedtime. In this post, we list out 7 Ways To Apply Vitamin E Capsules for Glowing Skin.
Benefits of Vitamin E on Skin:
1. Rich in antioxidants that fight free radicals, leading to healing and repair of damaged cells.
2. Works to repair and improve the appearance of damaged tissues.
3. Removes acne scars and dark spots.
4. Moisturizes and hydrates skin.
5. Boosts the production of collagen which is a protein that helps in maintaining skin’s elasticity.
6. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles, reverses the signs of ageing for brighter and younger-looking skin.
7 Ways To Apply Vitamin E Capsules For Glowing Skin:
1. Vitamin E Skin Serum: Pop open a vitamin E capsule and squeeze out the liquid onto your clean palms. Dab only a little on your face and keep it on for the entire night. Take care not to use too much, as it is very sticky and oily and you will end up with an oily face and your pillow would be all oily! Now, you obviously don’t want that. So, my advice is to use it very sparingly. Use vitamin e oil to reduce and improve facial wrinkles. Puncture some vitamin e capsules daily and rub the oil gently around your eyes, forehead, and mouth to hydrate your skin and reduce wrinkles on your face.
2. Vitamin E Skin Cream: Add a vitamin E capsule to your night cream, and whip up the whole mixture, and voila! Your very own vitamin E enriched skin cream is ready. This is in fact more practical, and less messy as well as time consuming than using the concentrated serum, as you have to do this only a single time and no further worries. Also, you could add this to your body lotions to make vitamin E enriched body lotions.
3. Vitamin E Elbow, Knee, and Cuticle Softener: Apply a concentrated dose of vitamin E to your elbows and knees after exfoliating them, and rub in the oil. This will keep dry, flaky skin at bay, while also healing rough patches. Apply the remaining around your cuticles to pamper them too.
4. Acne and Scar Treatment: Owing to its antioxidant properties, Vitamin E when applied topically helps in treating acne, as well as fading away those scars and ugly pimple marks. As an added benefit, helps in treating wrinkles as it speeds up cell regeneration. Poke holes in your vitamin e capsules and rub vitamin e oil daily on your scars.
5. Treat Sunburn or Soothe Your Skin From the Heat: If you have stayed for long in the hot sun, soothe your skin with vitamin e oil. Break 2-3 vitamin e capsules for the oil, and mix the oil with yogurt and lemon juice to apply on your skin. Apply the mixture all over your face, let it dry, and then wash it off. It will soothe your burned skin and provide relief.
6. Vitamin E Skin Repairing Homemade Night Cream: Check out this detailed post with pics on how to prepare a skin repairing night cream for all skin types.
7. Make Vitamin E Enriched Aloe Vera Gel at Home: This homemade aloe vera gel is 100% and enriched with vitamin E that nourishes and repairs all skin types, along with adding a wonderful glow. Here’s the full recipe to make this aloe vera gel at home.
Skin Repairing Night Cream for All Skin Types
Can Vitamin E be Applied Directly on Face?