There’s one more reason why you should fall in love with honey! Not only it’s a great ingredient for skin, it also has amazing benefits on hair – it smoothens and softens frizzy hair and prevents loss of moisture from hair. Honey moisturizes hair and also locks in hydration so that your hair becomes soft and smooth. For extremely frizzy hair, if nothing else works, honey would work! Honey also helps soothe the scalp and clears infections. Additionally, when applied on a regular basis, it also boosts hair growth. So, our question is why not use this inexpensive ingredient to get gorgeous and lustrous hair. In this post, we have 6 Homemade Honey Hair Masks that you can whip at home any time for soft hair.
1. Honey and Olive Oil Homemade Hair Mask: Honey and Olive Oil are very moisturizing in nature and work very well for hair and this hair mask needs just two ingredients, and 30 minutes of time. Gather everything required for this hair mask: a bowl, spoon, honey and olive oil. Now, add 4 spoonfuls of honey in the bowl; this much is good enough for hair which is little below the shoulder length. Add 5 spoonfuls of olive oil in it. You can add more if you have long hair. Mix honey and olive oil thoroughly. Now, divide your hair in 4 parts. By middle parting your hair throughout and then dividing these two parts in 2 half once more. Soak all 4 parts of your hair with the honey + olive oil mixture, and tuck your hair up. Let it sit on your hair for 30 minutes and rinse away with a mild shampoo. You will notice that your hair became shinier and softer after using this mask. You can notice the difference the first time itself. To give the much-needed moisture and shine to your hair, use this hair mask once a week or twice a month.
2. Homemade Coffee and Honey Hair Serum: This coffee+honey serum can replace your regular conditioner. The coffee adds strength to all hair types and for brunettes also adds an extra colour boost. The honey will leave hair shiny and glossy for at least two days. To make this mask, take 4 tbsp of coffee and 2 tbsp of honey. Now add 3 tbsp of warm water and mix everything well. Apply this mask to wet or dry hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash out with shampoo and finish with your normal routine of drying and – voila! Beautiful healthy hair! If you have extremely dry hair or a dry scalp, adding 1 tbsp of extra virgin oil would help to moisturize the scalp.
3. Aloe Vera, Yogurt and Honey Hair Mask: Take 2 tbsp aloe vera gel, 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil and whisk everything together. Apply it to the scalp and hair and leave it on for 15 – 20 minutes or for longer if you wish. Rinse away with a gentle shampoo. The mask itself works as a great conditioner for hair. Aloe vera in the mask promotes hair growth and reduces dandruff. Yogurt also reduces the dandruff in the hair and makes it soft and manageable.
4. Onion, Egg yolk, Lemon and Honey Hair Mask: A combination of egg yolk, onion, lemon, and honey is a perfect combination for dull and dry hair. Take one-half of onion and chop into small pieces and extract its juice. Add one spoon of honey to the onion juice and stir well. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture. Now add one egg yolk to the mixture. Whisk all the ingredients together, apply on the hair, keep for 20 minutes, rinse away with a mild shampoo. Use this mask once a week to say bye-bye to haircare woes.
5. Honey, Coconut Oil, and Curd Hair Mask: The lactic acid in yogurt will cleanse the scalp while the proteins in it nourish and strengthen the hair. Coconut oil penetrates the hair strands well, leaving the hair shiny, lustrous, and smooth. It can also prevent split ends due to its moisturizing properties. Take 2 tablespoons plain yogurt. 1-1/2 tablespoons of raw organic honey, and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, using less coconut oil for shorter hair and more for longer hair. Massage into your scalp and work through to ends, leaving on for 15 minutes before shampooing. Apply this mask once a week or once every few weeks.
6. Banana Hair Mask for Dry and Dull Hair: Take one ripe banana (use two ripe bananas if you have long hair), 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of almond oil, 1 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp of full-fat milk or two tablespoons fresh coconut milk instead of full fat milk, and one full egg. To make this mask, mash the banana nicely to make a purée. To this banana purée, add one egg white and yolk, add one tablespoon honey, one tablespoon olive oil, one tablespoon almond oil, two tablespoons of milk. Blend all the ingredients nicely and make sure no chunks are left. Your hair mask is ready to apply. Partition your hair nicely and start applying the mask from roots and work towards the strands. You can leave this mask on your hair for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water. Follow up with a mild shampoo to cleanse your hair nicely. You can skip using conditioner, since your hair is already preconditioned. Let your hair dry naturally and touch them to feel the difference. You can use this mask once or twice a week.
Banana Hair Mask for Dry and Dull Hair
10 Surprising Ways To Use Coconut Oil in your Beauty Routine