Night-time is the best time to pamper your skin because cell repair and regeneration takes place at night and along with getting good sleep, following a proper bedtime routine will ensure that you wake up with glowing and gorgeous skin. Hence, here’s 5 Bedtime Beauty Habits that you can follow in order to wake up to a more glowing version of yourself.
1. Always Cleanse Your Face before Heading to Bed: The golden rule that you should never ever break if you want clear, clean and beautiful skin all your life – no matter how tired you are, thoroughly cleanse your face to take off all dirt, grime, oil, dust, pollutants, etc. that the surface of your skin and pores might have collected through the day. Remove every trace of makeup, never sleep with makeup or an unclean face.
2. Follow Double Cleansing: It’s a routine in which you have to first apply cleansing oil/balm all over your face, massage it gently for few minutes to remove the layer of makeup and dirt from your face and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This helps to remove all the makeup from your face which our normal face wash won’t be able to remove and it also helps to remove the layer of dirt and oil from your face. The next step is to wash your face with your regular face wash. This helps to remove the excess make up that is still present on your skin and it makes your skin look squeaky clean and healthy. This routine also helps products like serums, moisturizers and other creams and lotions to penetrate deep into our skin, which help us to obtain best results from these products. Double cleansing is one for the best methods for deep cleaning your face; it helps you to keep your skin healthy and clean and successfully removes the layer of makeup and dirt from your face. Double cleansing is also considered better than using make up removers on face. Read more about “Korean Double Cleanse Technique” here.
3. Never Forget To Moisturize: Who would like to wake up with dry, stretchy skin? We all want to wake up with beautiful, soft and supple skin and the key to that thoroughly moisturize skin at night. Invest in facial oils and serums that amply hydrate and help with cell renewal. Check out this list of “10 Facial Oils to Transform Dull and Dehydrated Skin.”
4. Show Some TLC to Your Hands and Nails: Do show some tender love and care to your hands and nails before going to bed. Make a habit of using a moisturising hand cream before going to bed for softer hands; this will also prevent the ageing of hands. Don’t forget to take care of your nails; always apply some cuticle oil or simply Vaseline before going to sleep.
5. Overnight Treatments before Bed: You can address and target any skin concern that you may have during night-time – apply tea tree oil to spot treat acne, pure aloe vera gel to moisturize skin, AHA serums to gently exfoliate skin, and so on. Here’s a simple overnight mask for all skin types – Mix one part honey and one part pure aloe vera gel and apply this on the face before going to bed and wake up with beautiful skin in the morning. Here’s “How To Make Aloe Vera Gel at Home – Two Ways To Make Aloe Vera Gel For Face.”
10 Facial Oils to Transform Dull and Dehydrated Skin
10 Effective Facial Oils to Reduce Wrinkles