How often do we exfoliate our lips? Once in a month? That’s just not enough because just like the skin on our face and body, lips too need exfoliation and scrubbing to get rid of the dry and rough skin which otherwise give them a dark and dull appearance. Other than regular exfoliation, read about 16 ways to get pink lips naturally with DIY remedies in this post.
16 Home Remedies To Get Pink Lips Naturally:
1. Apply beetroot juice on your lips at night before sleeping, and you will notice a reddish pink stain next day. This should last you a good few days.
2. Crush rose petals, mix with fresh cream and use. This makes your lips naturally soft and pink. Alternatively, you may want to dip a cotton ball in rosewater and smooth it over your lips.
3. Use a menthol-based lip balm on your lips and leave it on for 5 minutes. With a wet soft-bristled toothbrush exfoliate your lips. Don’t graze the skin too much, as lips are very tender.
4. Break a vitamin E capsule and apply on your lips before sleeping. You can mix vitamin E oil in some Vaseline to make your own lip balm.
5. If you have pale colourless lips, ask your doctor about iron supplements. Being even slightly anaemic may cause colour to drain from your lips. Taking iron supplements will add a natural flush to your face and lips will appear more rosy.
6. Apply fresh mint leaf juice or coriander leaf juice daily on your lips to make them rosy and smooth.
7. Mix together some lemon juice and glycerine and smear on your lips before sleeping at night. Leaving it on overnight helps to activate lemon’s lightening properties and the glycerin acts as an excellent moisturizer. This is especially useful for those who wish to remove tan from their lips.
8. Grate raw coconut and press out some milk. Apply on lips.9. Eat plenty of raw cucumber and carrots to smoothen out uneven lip colouration.
10. Mix a pinch of turmeric into 1 tsp of cold milk cream. Massage lips with this paste daily for 5 mins. This results in supple pink lips.
11. Mix lemon juice with a little honey and apply at night before sleeping. Lemon takes off the tan and honey moisturizes and nourishes the lips, restoring natural pinkness.
12. Mix 1 tsp almond oil with lemon juice and rub on on lips every day. Leave on till dry and wash off with cold water.
13. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a lemon wedge and rub over lips gently. This is a good way to naturally exfoliate and bleach lips, making them look smoother and redder.
14. Apply a little clarified butter (desi ghee) on lips to naturally redden their color and provide moisture.
15. Soak four almonds in 1/2 cup milk overnight and grind to a fine smooth paste next morning. Apply the paste on your lips daily to help them regain their natural pink color in a few months.
16. Mix gram flour, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp yoghurt and a few drops of lemon juice and apply regularly on the lips to make them more pink.
How to Make Your Lips an Even Skin Tone
10 Ways To Get Baby Soft and Pink Lips