Whenever you wash dishes, do the laundry, do gardening or expose your hands to cleaning detergents or chemicals in cleaning products, make sure to wear rubber gloves because through these mundane chores, your hands are losing their youthfulness and softness. Unknown to many women, without proper care, hands are often the first place where wrinkles show up! Most importantly, do remember that moisturizing and protection is the key to maintaining youthful happy hands. Also, do go through this list of 10 Ways to Make Hands Smooth and Youthful.
1. Hand Cream Recipe: Mix 1 tsp honey with 3 tbsp unsalted white butter. Add 1 tbsp of strong herbal infusion like the one made above, but further boiled down for increased strength. This rich cream will make your hands silky and smooth. It can be stored in the refrigerator.
2. Weekly Dry Skin Hand Mask: Mix 1 tbsp Glycerin, 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp almond oil, lemon juice of 1 lemon, 100 ml herbal infusion, 20 ml rose water. Apply on clean freshly exfoliated hands. Rinse after 25 minutes. Follow with moisturizer.
3. Herbal Hand Bath Recipe: Bring half a pan of water to boil and add 1 tbsp each of chamomile, nettle, sage, coltsfoot, calendula. You can buy these in dried form from a herbal or beauty store. Cool the infusion a little. When it is still warm, soak your hands in it for about 20 mins. Dry your hands with a soft towel and apply a rich moisturizer.
4. Half cup mashed potatoes with half cup milk is an excellent hand mask.
5. When cooking eggs for breakfast, don’t throw away the eggshells. Scrape out the remaining egg white and spread over your hands. Wash off after 10 minutes.
6. Rub your hands with a cotton ball dipped in 1 tsp tomato juice+1tsp cucumber juice to give the skin a more even tone.
7. Paraffin wax treatment kits are available in the market for an at-home hand spa. You can also give your hands a hot treatment by soaking them in a shallow basin of warm water and 2-3 bath oils.
8. After washing dishes or clothes with harsh chemical detergents, rinse with sour milk or vinegar solution (1 tbsp. vinegar per 3 cups of water). This will help to restore the skin’s pH balance.
9. make your own scrub at home with 1 tsp brown sugar with olive or coconut oil. Apply raw milk or rub the peel of a squeezed lemon on a regular basis to detan the skin.
10. Ten Steps to do Manicure at Home For Beautiful Hands: A good manicure is really important in terms of your appearance and the good news is that you can do manicure within just 10 steps at home, and that too all by yourself, without spending too much. Here’s how you can do it.
Additionally, apply your favourite hand cream, or olive oil, underneath your gloves for a warm moisture treatment as you work.
10 Steps To Do Manicure at Home For Beautiful Hands
8 Ways to Lighten Dark Hands and Feet