The lack of moisture in the air during winters can cause excessive dryness, and that’s why our lips suddenly turn chapped and hands become excessively dry. And since we are frequently applying sanitizers and washing hands as often as we can, the skin on our hands take a toll and turn rough, dry, and scaly. But don’t fret, here are 10 Winter Care Tips to make hands soft naturally.
1. Hand Cream Recipe: Mix 1 tsp honey with 3 tbsp unsalted white butter. This rich cream will make your hands silky smooth. The amazing thing is that you can store this cream in the refrigerator for a week.
2. Weekly Dry Skin Hand Mask: Mix 1 tbsp glycerin, 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp almond oil, lemon juice of 1 lemon, and 20 ml rose water together. Apply on clean and exfoliated hands. Rinse after 25 minutes. Followup with a moisturizer.
3. Take two tbsp of aloe vera gel and 2 tbsp of sunflower oil. Warm up this mixture a little and apply this as a hand mask. Rinse off after 20 minutes.
4. Half cup mashed potatoes with half cup milk is an excellent hand mask, try it this week.
5. When cooking eggs for breakfast, don’t throw away the egg shells. Scrape out the remaining egg white and spread over your hands. Wash off after 10 minutes.
6. Rub your hands with a cotton ball dipped in 1 tsp tomato juice+1tsp cucumber juice to remove tan as well as soften hands.
7. After washing dishes or clothes with harsh chemical detergents, rinse with sour milk or vinegar solution (1 tbsp. vinegar per 3 cups of water). This will help to restore the skin’s pH balance.
8. Mix 1 tbsp of sugar and half a tbsp of olive oil together and scrub hands in circular motion. This scrub will slough away rough skin and nourish hands at the same time.
9. Combine equal quantities of rose water and glycerin, and squeeze in half a lemon. Transfer the content to a bottle and apply frequently to add moisture and softness to the skin.
10. Add lots of moisture by mixing equal quantities of almond oil and coconut oil, and massage your hands and legs with this oil blend right before you hit the bed.
Follow these tips for a few days and say “hi” to soft and smooth hands. Remember that moisturizing and protection is the key to maintaining youthful happy hands.
4 Easy Homemade Packs for Youthful and Beautiful Hands