There’s no need to spend your hard-earned money on gimmicky slim belts that promise to melt away fat along with sweat when you can actually blast away the tummy fat just by eating the right kind of food. Nutrition has been found to have the ability to even hack the genes that influence fat storage in the body, so it would be prudent to place all your bets to slim down on food and dieting than on slim belts that just do not work. Coming to belly fat, it’s a different kind of fat which takes its own sweet time to melt away because they have cells with more of alpha receptors that do not readily participate in the fat-burning process. So, to trim the waistline, it becomes important to pick food that would directly target these fat cells and help in reducing layers around the belly. Also, do check out effective weight loss diet programs on the Rati Beauty app to find out how you can drop overall weight the healthy way and reduce the circumference of the waist as well. In this post, we list down things to eat that would help slim down the waistline.
1. Ghee/Clarified Butter: Ghee or clarified butter mobilizes fat within the cells with its omega-3 fatty acids content, speeds up metabolism, and accelerates the fat-burning process. Ghee also shrinks fat cells in size. Since ghee is 99.9% saturated fat, moderation is the key even though it has so many benefits attached to it because all the calories in it would add up at the end of the day. Limit ghee consumption to just two or three dollops or tablespoons in a day. Read How Ghee Can Help Burn Fat and Boost Weight Loss in this post.
2. Dark Chocolate: Unbelievable right?! Some studies have linked nibbling on dark chocolate (with at least 70% cocoa content) to low levels of abdominal fat. The magic properties of dark chocolate can be attributed to its high antioxidant levels that increase metabolism and lower inflammation in the body – thereby increasing fat burning, including that around the belly.
3. Quinoa: Whole grains like quinoa boost metabolism, increase satiety, have good amount of protein, and burn overall fat.
4. Peanut Butter: Due its high protein protein, peanut butter increases thermogenesis, keep you satiated for long, and prevent unwanted cravings, but the key lies in limiting consumption to just 1 or 2 tbsp per day. There’s a popular peanut butter snack that we at Rati Beauty highly recommended for weight loss, do check it out on the app.
5. Spinach: We always recommend filling up half of your plate with vegetables, and if that vegetable is spinach, we recommend adding a bit more because it is a nutrient-dense, low-calorie food which also fights inflammation, and can convert white fat (stubborn fat cells in the belly) into beige fat. In fact, it’s believed to turn off fat-storage genes.
6. Yogurt: The calcium and probiotic content in yogurt work in multiple ways to increase fat metabolism and trim the waistline.
7. Fish oil: Why rely on fat-burning pills when you have fish oil? Extracted from fish varieties such as salmon, tuna, etc., it prevents fat storage, triggers the sympathetic nervous system to metabolize fat.
8. Eggs: Rich in protein, essential nutrients, and even trace minerals, egg is a complete food. It also has choline which is a nutrient that researchers think can turn off genes that are responsible for storage of fat around the belly region.
9. Blueberries: These are antioxidant powerhouses that target belly fat by activating fat-burning genes in the tummy area through its abundant catechin levels.
10. Green Tea: This healthy, zero-calorie beverage can kickstart overall fat burning by boosting metabolism and the antioxidants in green tea can flush away toxins and shrink fat cells.
How Ghee Can Help Burn Fat and Boost Weight Loss
How to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss?