Acne, pimples, oily nose, sun tan, dull and shiny skin are some common issues in summer and there’s one place where you can find solutions to all these skincare woes – your kitchen! There’s no need to invest in expensive serums and salon treatments when just a few basic ingredients from the kitchen can do the trick. So, here are some ways through which you can brighten your complexion and remove tan using only kitchen ingredients. So, let’s get started.
1. Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack: Add two tablespoons of nutmeg powder to five tablespoons of milk. You can also add honey to make it more moisturizing. Apply this paste all over your face and wash it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. This pack will reduce your pimples, their scars, and brighten up your complexion. Nutmeg has anti-inflammatory properties so it tops the list of wonderful, multi-benefit kitchen ingredients.
2. Oatmeal and Yogurt Scrub: Both of these make excellent food for those who are dieting and a mixture of these two act as a great scrub for those who feel their complexion has tanned a lot in summers. Yogurt has lactic acid and oatmeal is the most gentle and soothing scrub ever. This face scrub gets extra points for eliminating blackheads.
3. Yoghurt and Rice Flour Hydrating Face Mask: This hydrating mask can be used by everyone as it helps in keeping your skin moist, supple and hydrating. Take 2-3 spoons of rice flour in a bowl. Add just a bit of yogurt along with 2 tbsp of honey. Mix all ingredients well and apply this paste on your face and neck in circular motions. Rinse off with cold water after 20 minutes. This mask is good for all skin types as it can make your skin hydrated, supple and smooth. Due to the presence of honey in the mask, it helps to maintain the pH level of your skin. Rice flour helps to pull out the dirt from the skin and yoghurt helps to treat open pores. You should use this mask every day before going to bed to keep your skin moist and smooth
4. Turmeric, Besan and Lemon Face Pack: Add a half a teaspoon of turmeric to a tablespoon of gram flour (besan) and add a few drops of lemon. Mix a few drops of rose water to get a face pack like consistency. This pack can even be applied on the arms and feet to get rid of tan. Just scrub it off your arms and feet when the pack is semi-dry to get rid of dead skin. Use lukewarm water to remove the pack from face. Lemon has natural bleaching properties and turmeric is anti-bacterial. Gram flour serves as the best base for any homemade face pack. This pack will help oily skinned beauties too as it can control sebum too.
5. Make your own Rice Water Toner: Rice water is very rich in beauty minerals and vitamins which do wonders for your skin as well as hair. Cleanse your face then tone your skin using a cotton pad soaked in rice water. Rice is rich inositol which is a complex of B vitamins. It promotes cell growth, slows down the aging process, and stimulates blood flow. It’s a blessing for those who want to tighten their pores and bring a glow to the face. This water has moisturizing, antioxidant and UV-absorbing properties. With an ability to bind with the naturally occurring copper in the skin, this rice water/toner also prevents the formation of hyperpigmentation and age spots.
6. Red Lentil Face Pack: Masoor dal or red lentil is a great natural way to eliminate pimples, acne, scars, and marks and to brighten up the skin. All you need to do is soak the lentils overnight and make a fine paste with milk in the morning and apply all over face and neck area and rinse off with normal water after 20 minutes.
7. Masoor Dal, Coffee, Yogurt Face Pack for Bright Skin: Take plain yogurt and red Lentil paste in 2:1 ratio and mix them smoothly. Next, add 1 tbsp of raw honey and 1 small spoon of coffee, and mix everything well. Your super easy face scrub is ready to use now. Apply this scrub on all over your face and neck. Massage it gently for 5 to 10 minutes and leave it as a mask for 5 minutes, then rinse it off normally.
8. Green Gram and Rice Powder Face Pack: This face pack exfoliates dead skin cells and brightens up skin texture. Green gram is rich in Vitamin A, C, etc. It also polishes skin. The turmeric lightens skin tone and clears tan. Take 2 tbsp of green gram powder (dry it under the sun first), 1/2 tbsp of turmeric, and 1 tbsp of rice powder. Make a paste out of it by adding either honey, curd, or milk, whichever ingredient suits you better. Apply and keep it on the face for 20 minutes before rinsing off to reveal smooth and soft skin.
9. Nutmeg and Orange Peel Powder Face Pack: Nutmeg works on reducing pimples and can fade away acne spots. Make a paste out of nutmeg powder, orange peel powder, green gram powder by mixing it with curd or milk and get beautiful skin with regular use. For acne and acne scar spot treatment, mix nutmeg powder with honey and apply it on scars to get rid of them, do not apply all over face. You can also make a face pack out of sandalwood powder, nutmeg, and honey.
10. Aloe Vera and Red Grapes Homemade Face Pack: This mask has two amazing anti-aging ingredients. Firstly, the red grapes and secondly, the aloe vera. Use this face mask to rejuvenate, re-energize and build collagen in your skin and keep it looking fresh and glowing, in all seasons, especially in summers. To make this mask, you would need 12 medium-sized red grapes, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp of aloe vera, and 1 tbsp of besan. Crush the red grapes and then mix with other ingredients, apply on the face and neck, keep for 20 minutes, and rinse off with normal water.
These 10 masks would help rejuvenate, clear, and brighten up skin tone. Do try them to notice the difference.
34 Home Remedies To Get Glowing and Spotless Skin
12 Perfect Papaya Face Masks for Smooth and Glowing Skin