When it comes to Bollywood, we see so many new faces every day. Some women enter the silver screen first and later try their luck on the big screen. Some gain entry as they are star kids and belong to Bollywood families, and some make headway on their own merit and struggle, and some enter and put in all their hard work because all they wished ever was to become a Bollywood actress. But not everyone gets success when it comes to Bollywood because you need hard work as well as lady luck to be a successful actress. There are scores of actresses that we’ve seen on screen, there are some more who did their debut films, and disappeared from Bollywood. There are many more who tried a couple of films more but still couldn’t taste success compared to their contemporaries. Here’s a list of actresses who made a splash in Bollywood but are not active in the film industry right now. They have either become homemakers after getting married or have turned socialites.
1. Sneha Ullal: She is the first one to make this list because when she made her debut, there was a lot of buzz because she was launched by Salman Khan and was considered to be a look-alike of Aishwarya Rai. Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan had been in a relationship before and everyone wanted to see how the look-alike of Aishwarya Rai paired along with Salman Khan. But somehow, after her debut film “Lucky”, there was no news about this actress and she disappeared from Bollywood completely. She has not been in new recently and no one knows what this cute-looking actress is doing right now.
2. Ameesha Patel: This diva recently made her appearance in the most trending show of the year “Big Boss 13” and she surprised everyone with her gorgeous-looking modern avatar. Yes, she is none other than the beautiful Ameesha Patel. The moment she made her debut in “Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai” with the handsome hunk Hrithik Roshan, everyone knew that her career would be great and everyone loved her in the first instance. And then later, she did so many movies, but only a few of them were hits. Later Ameesha Patel disappeared from Bollywood and no one knew where she had been for years and nor was she doing any movies, nor was she was seen at an award functions. She will always be remembered in her career of being the actress who everyone loved from the debut movie itself.
3. Tanushree Dutta: The third one in the list is Tanushree Dutta had made a sensational debut in the movie “Aashiq Banaya Aapne” with Emraan Hashmi and Sonu Sood. She looked really hot in the first movie and everyone thought that this gorgeous bong lady would make it to a few movies more. She later also did a few movies, but mostly got character roles which failed to make an impact on movie lovers. Later she vanished from India and settled abroad. Recently, when she returned to India, she shook the entire Bollywood with her “#metoo” movement which helped scores of women to come out and speak boldly about their bad experiences. She later returned abroad. Also, when this actress returned back to India, she looked totally different than what she used to look earlier in her debut movie.
4. Preeti Jhangiani: She looked very beautiful in the movie “Mohabbatein” where she starred opposite to Jimmy Shergill. Everyone loved this actress for her simple looks and she totally resembled the perfect Indian lady. She has now become a house maker and is not seen in Bollywood at all except for a few instances when she’s travelling from airport with the family.
5. Bhumika Chawla: She made her debut with Salman Khan in the movie “Tere Naam” and she was liked by everyone for her innocent look, but later, she was not seen much on the screen. Recently, she appeared in a web series starring Kalki Koechlin named “Bhram.” She is doing a short role in the series and her acting has been pretty good.
6. Gracy Singh: After making a grand debut in the Aamir Khan starrer movie “Lagaan”, Gracy Singh appeared in many more movies and one of the famous ones were Munna Bhai MBBS. After that, she was not much seen on the silver screen, nor clicked by paparazzi on her casual outings.
7. Amrita Rao: Starting from “Ishq Vishq,” Amrita Rao did so many super-hit films and that too with some of the greatest stars of Bollywood. She was loved for her simplicity, innocence and her natural looks. She was a successful actress who got many movies back to back and she did them till the time she got married. A few years back, she got married to DJ Anmol and that is when she disappeared from Bollywood. She appears at weddings and functions with her husband but that was it. Her real sister also tried her luck on the TV screen and the big screen, and she was liked for her cute looks as well, but her career wasn’t so exciting.
8. Ayesha Takia: She was one of the three actresses who made her debut in “Dil Maange More” and acted opposite Shahid Kapoor. Out of the three actresses who made the debut at that time, she was the one who was loved the most. She starred in many more movies and did “Wanted” with Salman Khan. She is also trolled heavily for her makeovers and alleged plastic surgeries. She is now married to entrepreneur Farhan Azmi and does not act in Bollywood anymore. She is currently active as an entrepreneur and runs many businesses successfully.
9. Koena Mitra: This bong actress made an impact on everybody and we loved her on “Hungama” and “Dhoom” series. She was not seen much in movies but recently appeared in “Bigg Boss.” However, she mentioned during the show that she had not been very serious about her career, and we haven’t heard much about her after that.
10. Celina Jaitley: Celina Jaitley looked beautiful in the movie “No Entry” where she was starred opposite Fardeen Khan. This beauty did a lot many comedy movies as well, but after, marriage she chose to be a homemaker. She got married to Peter Hag quite a few years ago and has settled abroad with him. She earlier gave birth to twin boys and later gave birth to another set of twin boys out of one which one sadly passed away after birth. Now, she is the mother of 3, totally enjoying her life with her kids and her husband.
Do tell us which actress did you love the most on-screen out of this lot!
Credit: Source link